The Project and Estate Department of the University of Mama Ngina is committed to maintaining all University assets in the most cost effective manner possible while maximizing the useful life of the assets and striving to provide the best service to both students and staff.
To offer the necessary support services to all University departments and maintain the assets and buildings of the University in the best condition to enable the University achieve its objectives.
- To provide our customers and staff with the best support services through effective and efficient maintenance of all University assets and building
- To offer maximum service at the best and at least cost to the University
- To get maximum life of all assets without compromising on standards.
- To ensure statutory compliance of all the assets.
- To ensure proper use of allocated University maintenance funds.
- To offer maximum service at the best and at least cost to the University.
- To get maximum life of the assets without compromising on standards.
Projects and Estates maintenance ensures the smooth running of the university by providing repair and maintenance services through our professional staff composed of:-
- An Architect – Prepares project designs and acts as project manager for proposed construction projects during execution.
- A Quantity Surveyor – Prepares project cost estimates and advises on a contractual issue involving construction projects.
- A Senior Caretaker- Supervises and coordinates activities in the grounds and maintenance section.
- Maintenance Officers – inspect buildings, prepare material schedules, supervises repair and maintenance works, and supervise new projects.
- Assistant Maintenance Officers – inspect buildings, prepare material schedules, supervises repair and maintenance works, and supervise new projects.
- Assistant Caretakers – Aid in supervision and coordination of landscaping and grounds works.
- An Electrician – Carries out installations and maintenance of electrical facilities.
- Plumber – Carries out installation and maintenance of plumbing facilities.
- A Junior Graphics Designer – Marks all the university’s fixed and movable assets and signwriting.
- Junior Artisans- Execute repair and maintenance works and provide feedback on work performed in the university.
- A Secretary – Ensures the smooth running of the department by effectively organizing, maintaining records and administration